Community Development entails a wide range of activities, in Venango County− from street paving, sidewalk reconstruction, and ADA-compliant building improvements to home rehabilitation grants for the county's low- and moderate-income homeowners, public infrastructure improvements, and blight removal.
These initiatives are primarily funded through State and Federal grants, such as the state-funded Pennsylvania Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement (PHARE) Fund, and federal HUD-funded programs, such as the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME).
Community Development initiatives are administered out of the Venango County Regional Planning Commission office, on the first floor of the Venango County Courthouse, at 1168 Liberty Street, Franklin PA 16323.
To review required Environmental Review postings for these and upcoming projects, visit the environmental review posting page.
The Venango County Housing Rehabilitation Program
Home Rehab Program Documents
- HOME-CDBG Venango County Housing Rehabilitation Program Guidelines
- Repair/Replacement Standards for Housing Rehabilitation Program
- APPLICATION - Home Rehab Oil City
- APPLICATION - Home Rehab Franklin
- APPLICATION - Home Rehab Sugarcreek Borough
- APPLICATION - Home Rehab Cranberry Township
- APPLICATION - Home Rehab County-Wide